Dec 2, 2008

Randomosity Update

.
Finals week! *scream!*

Due tomorrow:
Brit Lit - Finish essay. Done.
World History - Short quiz - Not done yet, but should only take a few minutes. I take home a final, which I assume I mail back by the end of the week.
Electing the President. - NO homework. Praise Jesus. But, I think there's a pop quiz in class tomorrow. My mom told me the secret..*shh*. I'm not worried. It's a silly quiz, because I have a silly teacher. :-P
Government - Turn in final exam and final report. I've done the final, but not the report. I'm doomed to bomb the report, because it's supposed to be written about a council meeting I had to look up and attend. I didn't know this until recently, so obviously I never got the chance to go to one.. Who knows what'll happen with that.
Painting - no homework, obviously. I'll frame my current two paintings in class tomorrow for the end of semester program on Thursday night. Yay!
Kickboxing - gotta write a fitness assessment report for the whole semester. Shouldn't be too hard. She's not grading grammar and such. It's just filling up at least two pages with words for a final grade.
Goodyyy. :-)
Bowling - Finish final exam and turn in Saturday morning. Not too hard.


Other than school, I'm doing alright. I'm kind of in a dilemma with a friend whom I think is trying to avoid having any contact with me whatsoever, which disappoints me to no end, but I've done all I can do.
But, if by some insanely crazy chance you're reading this and you're that particular friend(you'll know who you are), than just know that I'm not going back on my word. I've never lied to you, and I won't break a promise now. I'm still open for friendship, if you just open the door and stop hiding. Otherwise just tell me the truth so I know.

*sigh*
I need patience.
But, I must consider the benefits....

I was thinking last night about the current situation, and God kinda showed me something I don't normally ponder about...
I'm trying to restore a friendship I lost. I've done all I can. I never lied. I stayed true to my word, but that person chooses to block me out completely for selfish reasons. I'm hurt by it, I'll be honest. I've spoken as much as I can, but I get no response. All I can do is wait for that person to realize his/her actions. I'm willing to do all I can to restore this, but at this point, it's all up to a response.
Likewise...
God's always been faithful to me. He's loved me unceasingly, and never fails his promise. However sometimes I'll go my own way and do my own thing, and subconsciously block out God completely. I don't talk to him, and I don't respond when he speaks. I get lost in my own life and desires and lose sight of Him. God is undoubtedly saddened that I turn away, and as much as He may try to get my attention back and initiate a relationship, I have to respond, but I'm too caught up in myself to care. Ultimately, I'm shunning my relationship with God and putting the one thing that is most valuable to me on the back burner. Does that please God? Does that help me grow? of course not..
Now, I'm not trying to compare myself to God, and I'm not at all saying that my friend must be friends with me in return in order to succeed in life, however I am saying that God used this situation to speak to me about my faults.
I don't always struggle with this in such extremes as to block out God completely, but it does speak to me about the small things, such as faithfulness, prayer, and my relationship with God. Without all those things, I am pointless. I am nothing. God is the only one that gives me life and joy and sometimes I loose what makes me alive by indulging in my own concerns and desires.


Hmm...
I love how God can speak to me like that.
It just proves His faithfulness more, eh?
Yesss

I'm gunna change.

No comments: