Nov 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

This week has been nice.

Tuesday:
Holly and I had to lead our kickboxing class with our own hour-long work out routine. I didn't finish creating to routine until an hour before class, and it turned out to be way too short, and the class was not nearly interested enough due to the teacher's 6 year-old daughter that had the complete attention of the other girls in the class. *shrug*
But, we left class early, and it was done and over, so I don't have anything to complain about.
I went to the movies later that evening with Kason so see the Dark Night(again).
Overall an ok day.

Wednesday:
The day before thanksgiving.
My family decided to wake me up mid morning to help finish Christmas decorations(as it takes days to do it all). The mood was cheerful, but everything kind of went down the drain once my parents checked the mail to find a phone bill almost $300 more than usual. Apparently, something went wrong with my cell phone, and I went entirely over my minutes.
So, that certainly made everyone stressed out about everything else after that.
I was not happy...
Michelle had arrived mid afternoon, and even then, there was a lot of arguing.
I decided to chill by myself in my room for the rest of the night. My mom and Michelle left to go shopping, so I didn't have much else to do anyway.
Kason imed me randomly. I expressed my stress level, but I decided to ask him what he was thankful for. After his long and somewhat detailed answer, I became humbled to what I have. My stress went away, and I took some time to really think about what God has blessed me with rather than all the crud ruining my family's mood. Kason then asked me what I was thankful for. I was at a loss for words for a minute, but followed my typing my answer, which was considerably long compared to what I would normally say.
(paraphrase)
I'm thankful for my family. They can be a pain in the butt sometimes, I'm not going to lie, but I've noticed that many people I know don't even have a family to spend thanksgiving with, or if they do, relationships are so crazy that it's not even enjoyable. I'm thankful for relationships I have with other people as well, such as friendships and romantic relationships. I'm thankful for the faithfulness of God. He has blessed me far more than I even deserve but He still proves His love for me daily, and that's something I don't acknowledge nearly enough. See? I have a lot to be thankful for, and way more than I can even explain! I was putting too much time and effort into stressful situations that don't even matter. I'm thankful to even realize that, but it was brought to my attention before it had done any real damage. :-)

Thursday:
Thanksgiving!
Got up around 10:30ish. I finished watching the parade with my parents. My sisters got up maybe 30 minutes after I did. My mom told me our turkey was too frozen, so we'd have to either go out to eat or have ham. Michelle was not very pleased about it, but we did with what we had. It turned out to be a wonderful dinner with just my family. We actually talked about stuff that mattered! Our time was well spent.
Michelle and my mom left again to go shopping for the rest of the night. Holly and my dad went their separate ways, and I decided to spend the evening with Kason at his house. We watched Tarzan and Across the Universe, seeing as how watching movies together seems to be our most used entertainment.
It was a lovely night though. I arrived home at 10 to receive a hug from my mom as I walked in the door, which is new, but good. :-P
I spend the rest of the evening battling in Kung Fu Chess on the internet.
I suck. But it was fun to laugh for a while. :-P

Friday:
I slept in until 3 pm, which was amazing!
My mom and Michelle went shopping yet again. I didn't have anything to do. Holly got a new mattress shipped here this afternoon. She also planned to meet a friend at starbucks to hang out. My dad.. I don't know what he was doing all day. I didn't ask.
So, I went over to Kason's again. His family started putting up their Christmas tree today.
It was simply lovely! I kept commenting on how I loved the tree, even with it only half lit and in progress of being decorated. :-P
I don't know, I guess I just really like Christmas lights.
But anyway, Kason and I watched another movie. I made him watch Premonition, since he owned it and had never seen it before. His mom watched it with us(but she fell asleep near the end). I think his dad joined us for a little while, but he missed the beginning so he didn't hardily understand it.
Kason and I spent another hour or so playing games and talking things over. It's funny how after a while of getting to know someone on a deeper level, you can automatically tell if they're even the slightest bit upset, even without any body language. We were both kinda tested that this evening, but it turned out very well. It was pretty cool. :-)
I arrived home at 10ish. I played Kung Fu Chess again for awhile, and talked to Kason on my IM mic. Michelle and Holly eventually invaded my space and started talking to him too, which was interesting because Michelle's never met Kason, and had no idea my computer could talk to her.
:-P
Michelle ended up battling Kason in Kung Fu Chess. Michelle failed miserably, and made me fail miserably too because she wouldn't stop tickling me.
I watched Miracle on 34th Stress with my family. My parents feel asleep at the beginning. Michelle feel sleep in the middle. Michelle, Holly, and I were all piled on top of each other on the couch, with Holly laying on my stomach. At some point, I sneezed quite loudly and woke everyone up. Hah.
It was funny.





So, it's been a wonderful week.
I'm going to Keisha's wedding tomorrow evening, and that should be fun.
Yay!

No comments: