Nov 20, 2008

That's life.

---
I registered for classes at TCC a few days ago. I'm taking Computers and Photography in the spring.
I'm excited for photography, understandably. ;)
Although, I need to get a hold of a film camera, so if you know where I can get a good one for a reasonable price, than let me know! Pleasee!
---
Yesterday was week 11 of sonlight. No Sonlight next week for thanksgiving, than the following week is the last day. So really, only two more weeks until the end of school! Yess
I was up until 4:30 on Tuesday night finishing homework. I had to write an essay for Brit Lit, finish four pages for World History, study for a final in Electing the Pres., finish one page for Government, and organize and decorate a notebook.
Turns out, only two students actually turned in their essay rough drafts yesterday, me included. Other students told me just the outline was due. Ohh man...
But no, the rough draft was due. The whole class just misunderstood the assignment.
Hah, yayy. I'm ahead.
So, fortunately, I don't have a whole lot of homework to do this week(two weeks, actually). I feel at ease. Ahhh... yess
---
A sonlight mom mistook me for Michelle yesterday. She commented on how much I look like her now.
Hmm, it must have been the glasses. I was wearing them at the end of school...
---
I put up my little Christmas tree in my bedroom on Sunday night, with Kason's help. I also watched The Polar Express with him from my computer screen(my dad was using the living room tv at the time.)
I'm SO excited for the holidays!
---
I applied for four more jobs on Tuesday night.
-Portrait studio at Walmart. I've tried them before. They don't seem too interested in me.
-Portrait studio at Target. Michelle called home and told my mom that they were hiring right now near my house. My mom forwarded me the message, and I was gone within half an hour. I spoke with the manager(I think) and he seemed to be interested. I guess we'll see what happens.
-Pier 1 Imports. Very not interested in this job, but that's ok.
-Starbucks. I'll have to call them sometime this week because the manger wasn't in when I dropped off my application. *shrug*
---
Kason, Kiersten, and Lauren suggested I visit them at school for lunch one day.
I decided to go today.
As soon as I got there, a security guard drove up in his mighty little golf cart and told me I was in the wrong place, and going to wrong way on a one-way street.
"oh, I'm sorry.."
I find a parking space on the other side of the school.
I manage to find my way to the entrance without any trouble. I ran into Kayli right inside the door. She was surprised to see me.. she didn't seem very excited. hah
I go to the office and ask for a visitor tag.
"Are you a parent or guardian"
"..uh..no"
"Are you from the church?"
"The church??"
"Are you a church counselor?"
"No, not here"
"Ok, well we don't allow visitors unless you're a parent, guardian, or church counselor"
"Ohh.. ok.."
Grrrr
Fortunately, Kason passed by just as I left the office area.
So I did get to see him for about.. two minutes. hah.
.
But that was an utter disappointment. Blehh
Not only that, but that security guard in a go kart kept asking me questions!
"Where are you going ma'am?"
"My car.."
"Why are you leaving?"
"They don't allow visitors here."
"Ohh...
well why are you parked way over here?"
"There was a space here"
"Well the visitor parking is on the other side. You're not supposed to park here"
"Oh... ok.. thank you(*note sarcasm*)"
.
.
*sigh*
Dang Richland.

1 comment:

Lindsey Herbst said...

I don't know why, but I would have laughed if I saw an officer in a golf cart. Maybe cause I'm taller than most golf carts. Haha now I feel tall! Thanks Katie for making me feel taller!