Apr 28, 2008

Prayer Request *updated*

.
My good friend, Ryan Blankinship, is having heart surgery tomorrow morning(Tuesday) at Cook Children's.
Being homeschooled with absolutely no homework left(thank you Jesus), I'm available to spend the day at the hospital with him.
The surgery is said to be 2-4 hours long, starting at 7 a.m.
I will be there from 8-4ish.
I ask that you pray for him every time you get the chance. He's a "little" worried about it right now, but I'm confident he will be fine. Pray that everything works out too! He told me it's kind of a trial and error deal, so there are problems that may not even be fixed.
Basically, pray your heart out.
:-)


If you get the chance, come visit him anytime Tuesday and Wednesday. I believe he's coming home Wednesday, but I'm not positive.



- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update!

Ryan got out of surgery around 11:00 this morning. His parents and I got to see him for about a minute right before he left for the recovery room. At that time, he was so drugged that he could barely remember talking to us besides saying "Hey Katie!" is a high pitched raspy voice. Haha, but it was so funny. :-D

He was sent to a room around 12:30, and by that time he was awake and talking just fine. As far as I know, the main problem was fixed. He's going to have more surgeries later on to fix other heart problems, but all is well right now. Please don't hesitate to go visit him today or tomorrow morning(he may be going home around noon tomorrow). He really really enjoyed me being there for a few hours today, so I'm sure he'll be happy to see you too. :-)

Thank you for all your prayers!

No comments: