Mar 12, 2009

I'm going to Galveston.
God blessed me.


:-)




InOtherNews:


I've been thinking about what I'm going to do after high school. I'm going to be a senior pretty soon, so I suppose it's about time to think about it.
I spoke with my painting teacher on Monday about the school her granddaughter is going to (whom is one of my friends also).
She's going to the Hallmark Institute of Photography in Massachusetts. Obviously, it's a school strictly for photography.
This is like... my dream, to say the least.

Unfortunately, it's in Massachusetts, where it's expensive to live.. plus the tuition in $60,000.
But, it's an 11 month school.. not four year, so I'd be done pretty quick and won't even have to deal with taking all those English classes and such in college. Heck, SAT scores don't even matter, which is a bonus because I already know I'm going to suck at SATs.
I would have to wait a year after graduation to go(possibly even two) to save the money with a full time job. After talking to my teacher and looking at the website, the money that is spent on the year attending the school will be easily earned back in sales the next year, which is pretty kick-butt if you ask me. The training in fantastic, which included photoshop, lighting, and running your own business. Not only that, but the tuition comes with a camera.. the best one being made at the time, which alone is a several thousand dollar value.

*drool*

Man, would I love to go there. So many pros and cons though...
This is something to pray about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend Sean went there and learned a lot. I don't know anything about how he funded it :)

Anonymous said...

"...the money that is spent on the year attending the school will be easily earned back in sales the next year..."

I'd take that with a mountain of salt. That's one of those classic lines that *lots* of places use to con you into spending way too much money for something. Everything from modeling agencies to real estate investors say things like this and they make a fortune on people who believe them.

Not saying it's a bad school, just don't buy into the pitch.