Mar 4, 2009

Leaders

.
What makes a leader?
What makes a person capable of being a mentor?
What makes a person trustworthy?
What makes a person admirable?

I'm puzzled.


I've gotten several comments and references lately that Kason and I are "good examples" or "good mentors"... Some comments even toward me, saying I am a good role model.
Someone told me today that I was officially their big sister, and that came from a guy significantly taller than me.
This is strange to me, because I've never considered myself to be a wonderful leader, nor have I ever been told straight forward that I was a good role model.
Is this just my lack of self-esteem or is this true?

I really don't understand, and I really don't feel like I diverse this.
And what is it that makes my relationship with Kason worth following? Most people would look down upon teen relationships with hopeless expectations. What makes our relationship different?

I'm seriously very curious.. I'm hoping for some kind of reply here.
Could you let me know, perhaps?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u and Kason both are great leaders. Why you ask? Because you are real. Your relationship with each other is different than most teen relationships. First its pure, second you don't leave out your friendships while you date and finally the biggest I think I because you keep Christ at the center of your lives and relationship. Does that help? Love ya bunches

Tammy

Anonymous said...

how appropriate that I listen to a song titled "Do you feel like we do" while reading this post.

Let's keep doing what we're doing and kick some can. and perhaps even step it up and actually take lead of the youth. If we have this much sway lets use it to advance the kingdom, and do some good in the process. eh?

Kason

Anonymous said...

The best sign of a real, Christian leader is that they don't realize that they are leading. No pride. No pomp. No flash. Just living live in a way that others want to emulate.

The feedback you are getting is God's way of telling you that you are doing it exactly right and should NOT change. Just know that you are now being watched. Now you must "be above reproach," the hardest job of any leader.

The heads that rise above the crowd are the easiest targets for those who seek to sling tomatoes.