Jul 26, 2008

Prayer?

I haven't had much time to blog lately with all the VBS's, mission trips, job searching, and other various events going on lately.

I spent this past week working at Glenview's VBS, in the second grade class.
Once you get past dealing with 10+ kids constantly asking to ride on your back, than it's a pretty cool class. All but two of the kids in my class were ones I'd never seen before, so it was interesting getting to know them and attempting to remember their names(I think I remember 14 out of 22 or so).
Overall, the week was a success. The parent's night program turned out better than I expected(even without attending, but I watched all the VBS kids practice their performance yesterday afternoon).

InOtherNews:

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for Glenview's middle school mission trip to San Antonio. I'm serving as a "chaperon" for the week. As far as I know, I'll be working with the 8th graders as they lead several VBS groups in various apartment complexes. The 7th graders will all be working together in service projects. The whole group will be feeding homeless one night, and probably(hopefully)evangelizing to them as well.
Who knows what else God is going to do. I guess we'll see.
Please pray for the whole group though. If you want, you can go back to my Mexico Prayer Request blog to get specifics of what to pray for as we are in San Antonio.


Thanks,
and God Bless.

No comments: